Summer Religious Education: Our UU Principles
Sundays @ 10:45AM
Nursery care available each week
All ages are invited to participate in our summer RE program which is geared for elementary aged kids. We are learning about our UU principles and how we use them to make the world a better place.
Each week, we gather together to enjoy our UU opening rituals, hear a story, and participate in fun games and crafts. We finish with free play time on our playground complete with ninja line and gaga pit. We look forward to engaging in some UU fun!
– June 26: Introduction to UU Principles – story: Big Words for Little People. UU Principles symbols craft, All My Friends & Neighbors game.
-July 3: Each Person is Important – story: I’m Gonna Like Me. Affirmation portraits, Uniqueness game.
~July 10: Be Kind in All You Do – story: Have You Filled a Bucket Today? Bucket-filling craft and bucket relays.
– July 17: We Accept One Another and Learn Together – story: I Am Love. Science experiments, charades, Silent Interviews game.
– July 24: We Search for What is True – story: Really, Really Big Questions. Zen gardens, yoga, values continuum game.
– July 31: Each Person has a Voice/Vote – story: Little Book of Little Activists. Design stickers and posters; vote on which games to play.
– August 7: We Work for a Fair and Peaceful World – story: Say Something. Peaceful words “cootie catchers”, cards, role playing.
– August 14: We Care for the Earth – story: Dear Earth. Recycled items inventions, nature walk/nature scavenger hunt.
– August 21: We Build the Beloved Community – story: I Have the Right to Be a Child. Windsocks, In Common game, rhythm games.
– August 28: Free from Racism and Oppression – story: Not My Idea. Make comic strips or flags, role playing, cooperative games.
– September 4: Wrap Up! Story: Somewhere Today. UU Principles bead crafts, favorite games from previous weeks.