Minister Emeritus, 1957 - 1985
During the ministry of Roger E. Greeley the number of members doubled from 152 to 310 by 1970. A new Sunday School building was constructed south of the Park and Lovell Street church in 1962. In 1967, 253 children from 110 families were registered in the 13 classes of the ChurchSchool. Popular Memorial Day weekend campouts were held for several years. Sixty-plus met daily in the church basement rooms at Park and Lovell and attracted large groups from 1959-68 when the old building was sold and torn down. Roger and David Curl developed audio-visual complements to the Sunday Services.
Roger often spoke at colleges, and he created a Robert G. Ingersoll dramatic program which he presented at many places around the U.S. In 1975-76, Mr. Greeley took a sabbatical and in 1982-83 a partial sabbaical producing three books during those leaves. In the spring of 1982, the church celebrated Roger and Kay's 25th anniversary with People's Church. Roger resigned in 1985 to become Associate Dean of the Humanist Institute. He is minister emeritus of People's Church.