LOCATION: Mystic Lake YMCA Camp of course! Camp facilities include heated cabins with showers, a lodge for meals and indoor recreation, large sports fields, a challenge course, hiking trails, archery, a natural bog and much more.
REGISTRATION & FEES: The price for the weekend retreat is only $85.00 per person*. This covers lodging in heated dorms (with showers), all activities, snacks, Saturday meals plus Sunday breakfast.
*Fees include lodging Friday & Saturday nights, 3 meals on Saturday, breakfast Sunday, snacks and all activities including but not limited to the challenge course, campfire and cooperative games. Dinner will NOT be provided Friday night.
Registration Deadline: September 30, 2015
- Register and pay fees via Google docs:
- Or, mail the registration form with a check made payable to Birmingham Unitarian Church, 38651 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills MI 48304.
- Permission and Health Form MUST be presented at time of check-in at the retreat.
- We must have a registration and health form for each person attending – youth and adults.
- You must inform your DRE that you have registered to ensure she/he can coordinate transportation and chaperone responsibilities.
WHAT TO BRING: Sleeping bag or blankets, pillow, jacket or sweatshirt for cool nights, toiletries, appropriate clothes for the weather, extra socks, raincoat or poncho (just in case). You might want to bring a camera, appropriate CD’s, cards, a Frisbee or football, a good book, a favorite board or card game, etc. Please do not bring electronic equipment (i.e. video games, iPods, PSPs, etc).
DETAILS, DETAILS: We must have an adult to youth ratio of 1:7 and there must be at least one adult from each congregation. Financial aid may be available from your congregation. Contact Diane Melvin for details.