A big “thank you” to all who supported Lincoln School by contributing $915 to teachers for supplies. We would love to give them $1000 as we did last year. If anyone missed this special collection on Sunday, you can give Dana a check made out to People’s, earmarked Lincoln School Project. Our volunteers number 10 so far and we are always happy to welcome new people to the joys of this effort. Please sign up in the foyer.
- The ISAAC issues Convocation will be held Thursday, October 3 from 7-8:30 p.m. at the First Congregational Church on Park St. At the event find answers to these questions:
- What does “FUSE” mean and why do hospitals and jails save money if “frequent users” have a stable place to call home?
- How does “Ceasefire” work so dramatically and what is a “call-in” with mothers, grandmothers, clergy, teachers, social workers, police officers and at-risk youth all together?
- Where is Pavilion Estates and why is a new bus route needed to reach it?
- How did ISAAC’s work on door-knocking and ice cream socials help fill the new state-funded Preschool Openings?
Come and renew People’s commitment to ISAAC. Sign up in the foyer.