Please save the date, Saturday November 22, to participate in this event. Now in our 12th this sale brings several hundred people from the community through our doors, provides a venue to support local professional artists, generates a significant contribution to our annual budget, and builds community within our church as we work together to accomplish this amazing event. All are welcome and needed to make the day a success – members and visitors and friends.
Here are some ways you can participate:
- Volunteer for one or more jobs that interest you. Sign-up sheets will be available in the foyer and on the church website.
- Invite people from the larger community to come to the Bazaar and meet you there – your neighbors, friends, relatives, co-workers.
- Put a copy of the Bazaar flyer (coming soon!) at your workplace or favorite community venue.
- Plan to eat in the Café and to shop at the Bazaar (aside from any work shifts you sign up for) for your holiday shopping and unique gifts – jewelry, soaps, turned wood, photography, textiles to wear and to use, and others things – some green, some fair trade, some upcycled!
Below are some ways you can help right now.
Sign Up for Pasty-Making Parties – No prior experience needed – a great way especially for new folks to get to know people. We will be making about 900 pasties to freeze and sell at the Bazaar. Fearless Bob Friedel will lead the work again and Emily Cutler will help organize the work crews.
- There will be 8 sets of on Fridays and Saturdays as follows: September 12-13; September 19-20; September 26-27; October 3-4; October 10-11; October 17-18; October 24-25; October 31-November 1.
- The Friday shifts are roughly 2:30 – 4:30; 3-4 people are needed to prepare ingredients (chopping, etc.) for the next day.
- The Saturday shifts are 8:30 to noon; 6 people are needed for assembly and baking; and from 2:00 – 4:00 pm, 2-3 people are needed to finish cooling and wrapping.
- An experienced person will lead each session – so no prior pasty experience necessary.
- To sign up email Emily or sign up on the Pasty Making clip board in the foyer.
Peoples Specialties Contributions – One of our areas will feature the handmade, contributed crafts from Peoples people. Small items that make nice gifts are popular, so your extra hand work now would be helpful. Starting later this month, Diann Johnson (Rev. Dave’s spouse) will lead some weekday work parties in our kitchen to make some of our specialty items together (e.g., our Café lentil soup to freeze, Ann’s almond toffee, maybe jam making, maybe a craft). Watch for sign-up sheets and the Friday email blasts. (Later on, we will start recruiting your baked goods contributions).
White Elephant Contributions – Please search your closets for all the nice items (no clothing or furniture, please) that you can clean, set aside and donate to be repurposed in our White Elephant Sale. Housewares, decorative items, children’s toys are especially popular.