We welcome all those who have visited People’s Church in the past few weeks! We are glad to have you here! For those longer time People’s people, please join together in the foyer after the service for coffee hour and take the opportunity to informally get to know the newcomers in our midst. Newcomers wear blue nametags. Please stop and introduce yourself to those folks you have not met.
We’ve set dates for some upcoming newcomer events. These will all be great chances for us to get to know each other – and to get to know more about People’s Church and Unitarian Universalism. We look forward to these opportunities.
- Sunday, October 12 – Second Sunday Lunch – Newcomers join us at the Visitor tables with tablecloths and special decorations. Newcomers and their families eat free!
- Sunday, November 9 – Second Sunday Lunch – Another chance to gather at Second Sunday lunch.
- Saturday, November 15 – 9am – 12pm, Membership Orientation – Come learn more about each other, People’s Church and Unitarian Universalism. Recommended for those considering membership.
- Friday, December 5 – 6pm – 7:30 pm, Connections Dinner – Newcomers and longertime People’s people gather for a shared meal and fellowship.
- Sunday, December 14 – Member Recognition Sunday – The day we recognize the newest members of People’s Church. Come for the service and stay afterwards for Second Sunday lunch to meet our new members.
And last, but not least, THANK YOU to everyone who brought a salad or a loaf of bread to our Homecoming Sunday potluck. We figure we collectively fed at least 150 People’s people. And wasn’t it GRAND to kickoff the new church year with such a bountiful meal shared amongst us!?!?!? We appreciate everyone’s willingness to participate in all the ways you did. Have a great month!