Please join us for an intergenerational, fun, activity-centered party that will offer an opportunity for connections with other church members. This party is sponsored by the Membership/Connections Committee and the Social Justice Coordinating Committee. In addition to enjoying a fun event with other church members we are including a social justice component by requesting donations of Christmas gifts for children and adult women in families residing in the YWCA Domestic Assault Shelter.
Activities at the Party:
- Refreshments and socializing in the foyer. Hot chocolate, cider, cookies and fruit will be available
- Storytelling with Chris Measzros
- Holiday Singing in The Commons with Darryl Loiacano
- Sugar Cookie Decorating
- Fleece blanket/throw making
- Craft—making holiday ornaments
- Holiday Bingo
Information about Donating Gifts:
- Not required – suggested
- $10 – $30 range
- May bring more than one gift
- There will be a red collection box in the foyer for gifts brought to church before December 16th. Gifts brought on the day of the party will be placed under the Christmas tree in the foyer
- Gifts for children of all ages and adult females
- Gifts need to be new and unwrapped – mom’s will then be able to pick out appropriate age and gender gifts for their children
- For 10 and under: books, toys, games, stuffed animals, clothing, hats, gloves, mittens—if you have young children, consider letting them pick out a gift they think would be well received. Often kids know best and they will have a great experience in giving to others.
- For preteens and teens: books, games, earbuds, headphones, gift certificates to Amazon, Meijer, Target, etc.
- For adult women: sleepwear, robes, slippers, personal care products such as lotions
Important RSVP information:
Please let us know if you are planning to attend. We will need a count in order to plan for this event. Sign-up sheets will be located in the Foyer and online at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054ba9ac22a13-peoples3
Questions should be directed to Ann Feldmeier— email@example.com.