Please join us for an intergenerational, fun, activity-centered party that will offer an opportunity for connections with other church members. This party is sponsored by the Membership/Connections Committee and the Social Justice Coordinating Committee.
In addition to enjoying a fun event with other church members we are including a social justice component by requesting donations of Christmas gifts for children and adults that Lincoln students can select at a “shopping event”, held at school, to give to their family members at Christmas.
Activities at the Party:
- Refreshments and socializing in the foyer. Hot chocolate, cider, cookies and fruit will be available
- Storytelling with Chris Measzros
- Holiday Singing with Darryl Loiacano in The Commons
- Sugar Cookie Decorating
- Fleece blanket-making – for newborns at Bronson Hospital
- Crafts – making holiday ornaments
- Holiday Bingo
Information about Donating Gifts:
- Not required – suggested
- Gifts need to be new
- Small things for children and adults for $10 or under, that are not easily broken are best. The items purchased will travel home in kids backpacks.
- You may bring more than one gift
- Donations of wrapping paper, tape, tags, etc.
- For 10 and under: books, small toys, games, stuffed animals, clothing, hats, gloves, mittens – if you have young children consider letting them pick out a gift they think would be well received. Often kids know best and they will have a great experience in giving to others.
- For preteens and teens: books, games, earbuds, headphones
- For adults personal care products
There will be a red collection box in the foyer for gifts brought to church before December 15th. Gifts brought on the day of the party will be placed under the Christmas tree in the foyer
Important RSVP information:
Please let us know if you are planning to attend.
We will need a count in order to plan for this event. Sign-up sheets will be located in the Foyer and online at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054ba9ac22a13-peoples3
Deadline – December 14th. Questions should be directed to Ann Feldmeier – firstname.lastname@example.org.