Draft of People’s Church Mission Statement (outward facing, aspirational phrase)
People’s Church strives to serve as a welcoming community where all are valued, inspired and supported as we embrace our diverse world—TOGETHER!
Draft of People’s Church Vision Statement (detailed, inward guiding)
Aligning with the Principles of the UUA, People’s Church serves Southwest Michigan by:
- Fostering diversity and inclusion.
- Providing sanctuary for those in need.
- Actively engaging in social justice and striving for equity.
- Freely searching for truth and meaning.
- Challenging our perceptions to expand and grow in love.
We want your reactions, opinions, feedback, and proposed edits! Your participation will improve these drafts before the final version comes to a vote at the annual meeting on May 20.
Email Elizabeth Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any board member with questions or suggestions, or join us at the scheduled conversation with board members on Sunday, April 15, 12:15-1:15, in Room 19. (Childcare is available for this meeting, if requested.)