Help Available for Some with Lead-based Paint in their Homes
Do you live in an older home? Do you have young children? Are you wondering whether you have lead-based paint in your home that may be putting your children at risk? The City of Kalamazoo has received a grant for lead-based paint hazard intervention.
You may qualify if:
- You live in the City of Kalamazoo;
- Your home or apartment was built before 1978;
- A child under six or a pregnant woman lives in your home; and
- You have low to moderate income.
Services available without cost include:
- Testing for lead-based paint hazards.
- Full cost of repairs needed to control and abate lead hazards.
- Educational materials about safely maintaining homes with lead-based paint.
Kalamazoo Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc. (KNHS) is accepting applications. For more information, contact Dorla Bonner, Community Investment Manager in the City’s Community Planning and Economic Development Department. Phone is 269-337-8339; email is BonnerD@kalamazoocity.org.
Help spread the word! You or someone you know may benefit from this program.